Wednesday, June 30, 2010

First Day In Ecuador And Already CausingTrouble

Had  a beautiful flight from Los Angeles to Panama City to Quito, Ecuador. But, after we landed the trouble started. Went through customs and actually was in Ecuador for about 2 minutes when I was approached by a distraught man and a customs official who asked me to identify my suitcase as the man claimed I had taken his! Problem was, he was right! I had accidentally picked up the wrong one that looked very similar to mine. My challenge at that moment was to explain all that in SPANISH to the custom's official. So, back to the other side of the Customs's door where I located my suitcase but now had to go through the whole line again with the correct baggage behind a party who had about 50 suitcases that they had to load onto the conveyor belt.

In the end,everything turned out OK and we were on our way to the Hotel Mansion de Angels In Quito where more adventures awaited us.More on that in the next blog. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment